Thursday 18 July 2013

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout

'Kyler stepped closer, tipping his chin down. "What are you thinking about?"
"Snow bunnies," I replied.'
-Frigid, page unknown.

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn’t anything new. They’d been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the ‘man’ in man-whore. He’s never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn’t want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.
Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she’s perfect and she’s everything. But the feelings he has for her, he’s always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.
But when they’re stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor’easter, there’s nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.


Arya's Review: This is Frigid by the amazing Jennifer L. Armentrout, and boy is it sexy! It made me cry, it made me burst out in laughter, and it made my heart stop in anticipation. I almost died of anticipation waiting for it! Jen's genius just took me on a roller coaster of emotions when I read it. However, having read J. Lynn's other material, I couldn't help but notice that Frigid's plot was very similar to that of 'Tempting the Best Man'. They both started out with girls wanting an unattainable guy who they believe only see them in a familial light. However, both guys love the girl completely, and they both sleep around. It also struck me that they both run, or are set to rub clubs... weird... The family background of the two men was also rather similar, and it bothered me. Kyler is an amazing character, but he resembles Chase Gamble far too much; their plots are near identical, and so it was hard to enjoy the book when all it felt like was a copy of Tempting the Best Man with different characters and different circumstances. However, judging on the book alone, it was amazing! 
Sydney is a headstrong girl who knows exactly what she wants in life, but is just too afraid to get it. Through out the book though, she grows and becomes more mature, even if it just is by accident. Throughout the entire book, she never stopped showing absolute love for Kyler, no matter how many times he hurt her. She's insecure, having been hurt by a past experience, but she learns to go past it and enjoy her time with her love. It's so cute!
Kyler on the other hand, well isn't he just a sex bomb? He is one of the sexiest men I have ever read about, and he loves Sydney so completely; it's adorable! The brokenness in him, instead of repelling me, just made me love him all the more. No matter how many girls he was with, he was always devoted to Sydney, never stopped loving her even for a second. It was just so completely breath-taking. I loved it.
The way they both pine at each other, both never telling at each other, it just drove me crazy sometimes! I just screamed at them, "Hurry up and make out!" I wanted to, but that wouldn't really make a very good book...  Either way, they were an adorable couple with ups and downs that made a fantastic story! I would recommend this book to everyone!


And my rating... 



9 stars out of 10! I love you Jennifer Armentrout!

And now we pass the time to Kay, who also read the book! xDD



Kay's Review: 

This is the first time I've read a book by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I have to say it did not disappoint! I finished the book in one sitting, and found it quite intriguing. It's like the typical best friend turned lovers type of book. The story is quite fast paced as well as full of drama so you don't need to worry about finding a lot of time to finish and you don't need to worry about being bored. The writing was in two points of views, Kylar's and Sydney's. I love that, I love finding out how each of them felt after an embarrassing, but sexual-filled tension encounters. It's so rare to find a love story with the guy's point of views as well, and I love the fact that Armentrout did that. 
The book was filled with some material that I would suggest to older readers, and those parts were VERY hot and steamy. The ending was quite cute however, a short visit to the past for both our characters as the reunite. 

My rating: 
8.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment