Wednesday 11 December 2013

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

"My mother places a hand over her mouth, and a sickening pain strangles my gut when I realize I spoke every thought I've had since I can remember. My body shakes and I run a hand through my hair. What have I done?"
~Crash Into You

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Arya: Heeeey! Sorry we've been away; school's been a killer for the past few weeks. Anyways, let's get started. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading this, since for those who keep track of this blog, I generally deal with the paranormal sexiness, not perfectly normal things. However, I thought with this one, I might actually give it a shot. And I loved it. At first, I was hesitant to read it, thinking it would be cheesy, but damn! Katie definitely blew my mind away.
Let's start with Rachel. When I first read about her, damn, my heart almost broke. To have to replace your older sister when you're almost the polar opposite? I couldn't image such a life, and really, to be able to survive this long without exploding. She is truly admirable. Furthermore, really, to think you're weak, and to have your siblings, even your twin brother support? Damn, that's intense, and really, I felt a pang of betrayal as if it were me! To be able to do that, you know the author's damn awesome xD. Anyways, when Rachel first met Isaiah, I was like, hell yes! Finally! By the end of the story, she was perfect. She stood up for herself and for what she wanted, but at the end in the accident? I shudder just thinking about it. I could be as patient as her. What a truly admirable person.
Isaiah: I frankly didn't like Isaiah very much in either of the first books, but I did feel pity for him in Dare You To, especially with the way Beth was treating him. Who deserves to get their heart broken by their best friend? But finally, in Crash Into You... I was almost squealing when he finally found someone. Really, he's been through a lot. When I found out what was happening with his mother, I almost broke down for him, which would be kind of awkward considering I was in school... but either way, I wanted to spend so much time ranting at his mother for being so mean to him! He was such a good kid too! Isaiah seems to get softer in this book, though he never really loses the slight punkish edge. He just becomes a bit kinder to the people around him, unless of course he decides he doesn't like that person. His protective streak, his honour all stunned me to speechlessness. I mean, to help a girl who just went back for you like a decent person? Damn, that's pretty heroic. The way he looked out for Rachel the entire book just made me swoon; it was adorable! I just loved him.
I'm sorry the details are a bit vague, but it's been almost two weeks since I read the book; I've just been really busy! Either way, I hope it's enough! I definitely recommend this book, and the rest of the series, to anyone who enjoys cutesy scenes and protective men! This book definitely has it all!

8.5 stars! Congrats!!

With love, from us at the Infinite Worlds to you, keep reading and enjoying all there is to offer!
Much love,
~Kay and Arya

No comments:

Post a Comment